Monday 9 March 2009

Union Jack Cushions


I have a bee in my bonnet about having a Union Jack cushion on my new sofa. I have seen lots of fabric ones on peoples blogs which I will attempt at a later date but this one will be knitted. Looking around the www for inspiration I found these

£60

This one has the chart and yarn for £40 which is the nearest to what I would like

and this is £10.99, totally not what is required!



So instead I found a chart online here. At first glance it looks ok but it isn't, the diagonal stripes are wrong so I ended up completely recharting it myself plus I wanted it the right size for the rectangular cushion pads which I bought today. Yarn is all ordered, pure wool £1.95 for 50g. I got 2 of each colour as I wasn't sure how much it would need. I'm not sure what to use for the back, maybe I can find something to recycle. I can't wait to start!


No comments: