Saturday 3 January 2009

From the mundane to the marvellous....

....and everything in between.

It has taken me a long time to get this blog going. A year and 2 days in fact. It was meant to start, as a lot of things do, on New Years Day but I didn't quite manage it last year. I did do a couple of posts about dreading being 30 but it got a bit maudlin and depressing and I was even annoying myself so out it went. Even this attempt is a couple of days over as I was tinkering with the colour scheme. I'm easily distracted. Anyhow good news is I've done the whole 30 thing and it wasn't all that bad really. I haven't morphed into a mass of fine lines and wrinkles in fact someone thought I was 24 the other day which I was quite pleased about. They could have been lying but I'm not picky.

I am however ready to make some changes. A lot of things have come to an end recently. My job for one and my body clock, while others are just starting to tick, has run out of batteries. Just last month I welcomed my third and final child. While it is tempting to add to the brood in a Waltons-in-dungarees kind of way I really don't think it would be a good idea in the long run, my undercarriage may suddenly drop off like a rusty exhaust pipe. I'm not expecting an overnight change as lets face it, there is a lot to be done. I have no career, an intense dislike of my house and car and I am very very untidy and disorganised. I'm going for the softly-softly approach of gradually bringing in the lovely and weeding out the lousy and see where we get. Less shouty and stressy, more flouncy and fluffy.

Oh and my name isn't Victoria, but if that daft bint Mariah Carey can have a pseudonym then so can I. And I won't screech at you or boil your pet rabbit.

No comments: